Monday, March 25, 2013

Tentative Conclusions


I set out at the beginning of this journey with the goal of researching some of the most important natural resources to Malta. So far, I have investigated water, oil, coal, and stones. I would still like to research a number of additional resources such as wood and metals. I am also very interested in discovering what Malta does with its waste and what products it recycles. I have done a significant amount of research on this topic already but have not yet had time to write a nice summary.

A number of different research questions have become visible during my research. I highlighted some of them at the bottom of each post. For example, I am interested in researching how much water is imported into Malta in the form of food products.

I am also interested in exploring the sustainability of the current natural resource usage. I found some interesting information about limestone depletion and would like to continue researching this topic.

Even though my research is far from complete, our Maltese trip is quickly coming to a close. I am attempting to visit the University of Malta during my last week so that I can speak to some students and professors about my research topics. Specifically, I am very interested in their opinions on how a lack or abundance of certain resources has affected the development of engineering projects in Malta.

No comments:

Post a Comment