Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Continuing The Family Tradition!

My name is Vanessa Forney and I am a junior at Cal Poly, majoring in Computer Science. My interest in ICEX comes from participating in the Water Ways research project (with Amanda Erb) and from my sister's (Christina Forney) participation in the ICEX program two years ago.

I am looking forward to snorkeling in the Mediterranean Sea, exploring underwater cisterns in person, and experiencing a new culture.
I am excited about meeting people with different perspectives and challenging myself to grow and learn in a foreign environment!

Below are some screen shots from the Water Ways research project, funded by CREU (Collaborative Research Experience for Undergraduates). These are the images of the M'dina Cathedral Sacristy based on the data taken from the ICEX 2012 trip. The program, written in WebGL, reads the vertices and texture coordinates from a file. Users can interact with the cistern using the arrow keys (rotation) and page up/down keys (zoom in/out). You can see our blog here: http://calpoly-creu.blogspot.com/.


Participating in the ICEX program will allow me to continue the work I'm doing with the 3D models in my research project. I look forward to working with other students  and being a part of the ICEX 2013 team! If you can help secure my spot for the trip by facilitating additional funding, please contact Zoe Wood at zwood@calpoly.edu.

-Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment