Friday, December 21, 2012

Excited to be on the team!


Hi everyone! I’m Amanda Erb and I’m brand new to ICEX this year. I am a Junior majoring in Graphic Communication with an emphasis in Web & Digital Media. I got involved with ICEX because I am working on the website for Water Ways, which incorporates data from the ICEX trips to Malta and Sicily.

My roles are as the lead of Digital Humanities, as well involvement with outreach. As the lead of Digital Humanities, I will be working closely with Jane to assess the relationships between science, technology, and society. I hope that by getting some first-hand experience, I will be able to not only gain a greater understanding of the subjects, but it will help me to teach others about these relationships and their significance.

Since I don’t have a background in Engineering, I’m really excited about this opportunity to learn about engineering and robotics in a real-life experience abroad! I spent all of last summer traveling around the Mediterranean, so it will be fun to go back and do some work there this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment