Wednesday, December 26, 2012

More greetings from Harvey Mudd

Hello all,
My name is Alistair Dobke.  I am a junior computer science major at Harvey Mudd College.  In the past I’ve worked with land and air robots so I am excited to “take the dive” into underwater robots.  

I have been working on interfacing the ROV and sonar with ROS (www.ros.org) a system used worldwide by research groups large and small.  Along with making tasks such as time synchronized data logging and autonomous control easier, I hope to add some new capabilities such as data logging with two sonars at the same time.

Outside of class I enjoy playing soccer, making music, and pretending to be an engineering major.  I enjoy traveling and am excited to explore the Mediterranean, meet the rest of the team, and of course make some cool maps.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, cool man! Jeff (hasn't posted yet) and I are trying to get our laser scanner interfaced with ROS for our senior project robot this next quarter. Might be useful to share experiences, as we are new to ROS.

    ReplyDelete