Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hey ICEX 2013


Hi all,

My name is Spencer Woodworth and I am a Senior Computer Science major at Cal Poly. I am eager to begin collecting data, spending time with the team, and experiencing Malta and Sicily. I am exhilarated since this will be my first time traveling outside of the United States and I am excited for many hands-on engineering experiences.
 
My contributions to the team will include working on the ROV’s stereo vision so that we can obtain significantly finer surface detail than in prior ICEX expeditions. The images will be captured using two GoPro cameras mounted to the ROV. I believe that the high-quality 3D information will make for a much more immersive digital model, so I am thrilled to contribute.

I have spent my last two summers interning at the Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. My work involved researching and implementing telemetric systems for high-frequency energy and temperature data. This experience collecting and analyzing large datasets will allow me to assist several of my teammates in their work.

I am looking forward to learning more about robotics and the ICEX program will be a great environment to do so. I am also looking forward to the morning runs that Erik mentioned in a previous post. While I am enjoying my winter break, I can’t wait for it to end, so that I can begin my work with the rest of the team.

1 comment:

  1. It's like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
    Study in USA Consultants in Chennai
    Overseas Education Consultants in Chennai
    Australia education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete