Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hi ICEX 2013

Hi everyone

I'm Erik, a returner from last year, and I am EXCITED for this quarter. ICEX last year was the best experience of my life, and I can't wait to go back to Malta and Sicily for more wild horses, Paceville, bocci boulder, Timmy/Keith/Toto, spending time with the team, and data collection (all will be explained in great detail later on). On top of all of that, being in another country  and getting a view of the rich culture while avoiding the touristy spots is a rare opportunity, and one that I have only found on this trip. I can't wait to get started!

My assigned projects for this trip include finding and making coffee for Jane, Jeff, and I, finding a way to accommodate skiing down Mt. Etna in Sicily, rallying the troops for morning runs along the coast (although this is more of Zoe and Chris' job), and dedicating 50% of my brain capacity to making puns to first entertain, and later annoy people.

Aside from those tasks, I expect to be working on the stereo vision  and projective texturing project. Hopefully by the end of this quarter we will have established a system to predict and synthesize rocky features for entire cisterns from a subset of surface data (textures and stereo data) obtained from the GoPro cameras mounted to the ROV.



No comments:

Post a Comment