Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hello all!

Hello ICEX -

My name is Andrew Carrillo. I am a graduate EE student here at Poly. I'm new to the ICEX team, and I'm very excited for this year's trip to Malta and Sicily. I've already signed on to work at Raytheon after finishing my degree this June, so I'm looking forward to having one last bit of fun with engineering before settling down behind a desk!
(Although I wouldn't mind one bit settling down behind this one!)
I spent a summer studying in London in 2008, and also did some solo backpacking in France and Italy. It was absolutely amazing to be able to see so much and learn about so many new cultures. I'm excited to merge these international experiences with some actual engineering in the Mediterranean.

My responsibilities will include managing the robotic systems hardware, integrating the new biological sensors (primarily the salinity sensor) with the robot, and also having a hand in the digital humanities project(s). I'm most looking forward to handling the robotic system overall. Aside from digital signal processing, I've spent the most time in my EE coursework with embedded systems, peripheral interfacing, and microprocessors.

I also just got engaged a few months ago. So this trip to the Mediterranean may well also serve as a scouting trip for the honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment