Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hello from Harvey Mudd!

Hello all -

My name is Lauren Lieu and I am a senior engineering major at Harvey Mudd with a background in image processing and robotics. I'm interested in controls, microprocessors and signal processing so I would like to get involved in all kinds of ROV caretaking, path planning and data analysis/mapping along the way. My roles for this project include working on additional sensor hardware for the ROV, integrating pressure and temperature sensors into the system so we can take in more information about the surrounding cistern environments.

I studied abroad in Granada (AndalucĂ­a, Spain) for a semester, and had an incredible time traveling on my own. Because of this, I am thrilled about the opportunity for a combined cultural/technical experience and cannot wait to go on this trip for ICEX! After scouring the blogs from previous years, I am looking forward to lots of things: cultural, travel-related, technical and all else - this includes patching up unforeseen robot problems on the fly (with epoxy and electrical tape, the engineering band-aids for everything), roving all over to find sites to do data collection and mapping, trying Maltese cuisine (rabbit?) and undoubtedly getting lost/attempting to use my Spanish-to-pass-for-Italian.

I look forward to meeting the entire ICEX team in the coming months, and having a great time working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment