Saturday, December 29, 2012

Greetings To All!!!

Hello all, my name is Cecilia Cadenas I am a 4th year Computer Engineering Major in Cal Poly SLO. I am very excited about this project and all that it entails. I am originally from Jalisco, Mexico and when I was 10 my family immigrated to Rio Vista, a really small town here in California.


Since my first year in college I have been involved with outreach through different organizations and this year I was elected as the outreach coordinator for a club on campus where I organize different workshops and tutoring hours for different elementary and middle schools here in SLO. I think getting young kids interested in engineering and education is crucial. I am very excited to be the lead for outreach and getting to work with the kids from Malta as well as the kids from Pacheco. I will be working on the curriculum and trying to get a workshop so that the kids can begin to understand more about robots. I am really interested to see how the kids in Malta compare to the kids here when interacting with us and our workshop.

This past summer I interned for Raytheon in the software department and will be returning next summer to do a second internship there. I was able to learn more about embedded systems and how to work in a team enviroment. I hope to use what I learn there as well as what I have learned in my classes to help with  the management of the ROV and integrating the biological sensors. I will be focusing and researching the temperature sensor and ways to integrate it with the ROV.

I am really looking forward for everything that this program has to offer since it will be my first time traveling somewhere besides Mexico. I am excited about getting to know more about the ROV, the process to acquire the data, the graphics, and all the experiences I will gain through this awesome opportunity.




No comments:

Post a Comment