Saturday, December 22, 2012

Hello


Hello!

My name is Ian Dunn and I am a 3rd year Software Engineering student at Cal Poly. I am a dual American and Australian citizen and I love to travel. I spent last summer working on visualizing data gathered by ROVs on previous ICEX missions and other deployments, so I'm looking forward to being involved with the data collection process. I've been to Europe twice but I've never been to the Mediterranean so I'm really excited to learn more about Malta and Sicily.

I have always been interested in computer graphics so the visualization software aspect of this project is most appealing to me. However, I've been very interested in learning more about robotics for some time and the ICEX program seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.

My job with ICEX this year is to work on 3D visualizations of sensor data gathered by the ROV. I'll be using data from the smart tether to associate accurate position information with the sensor readings. I'll also be helping with the web server management.

No comments:

Post a Comment